Wednesday, May 27, 2009

bird with character.. inspiring?




saw this guy at some aviary, had a lot of personality. i know some might say feathers could be hard.. but if we stylize him anything's possible. anyways, don't have any story ideas, but this guy just looked like he had loads of character and may inspire some very short story. maybe we can explore ricky's idea of placing animals in uncomfortable new environments. we can ship him around the globe to some extreme destinations through a series of shorts.
if you want some more information they're called tawny frogmouths. birds are just kinda crazy and could provide for some interesting quirky animation. i.e. the mating ritual scene in the movie EARTH is hilarious!

2 comments:

  1. a series of super-short shorts with something like this could be cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I very much like this idea. I was tossing around story ideas involving a bird protagonist and that bird is a good model to start with. Maybe I'll develop the story concept I have a bit more and post it in a bit.

    ReplyDelete